- Having a job you like is the most important factor to having a fulfilled life, according to a new study.
- The research finds that having close friends comes in second, followed by having kids.
- Having a lot of money is fourth, but only 24% of adults say money is “very important” to their feeling of fulfillment.
- Source: CNBC
Not everyone is lucky enough to love what they do for work, but having a job you like is pretty important when it comes to life satisfaction. It doesn’t just make getting up and going to work easier, new research reveals Americans think it’s the most important factor to having a fulfilling life.
A new Pew Research Center study asked more than 5-thousand people what they consider “extremely” or “very important” to living a fulfilled life and they said:
- Having a job or career they enjoy 71%
- Having close friends 61%
- Having children 26%
- Having a lot of money24%
- Being married 23%
The research also reveals:
- On that issue of money, nearly half (49%) of Americans agree that having a lot of money is “somewhat important” to living a fulfilled life.
- Younger adults put more value on it, with 35% of those ages 18 to 29 saying money is “very important” to their feelings of fulfillment.
- On the flip side, the oldest adults in the study were least likely to say money is “very important.” Only 13% of those ages 65 and older and 19% of those ages 50 to 64 say money is “very important” to feeling fulfilled.