- Money” magazine just came out with their list of the 20 Best Places to Go To in 2018
- The list consists of destinations both in the U.S. and internationally that deliver the highest value for your dollar
- The top U.S. destination is Alexandria, Virginia, while the top international destination is Tokyo, Japan
There are a lot of people out there already planning their vacations for the rest of the year. And while many of us will go to the same vacation destination year after year, there are others who like to explore something different. Well, if you are one of those people and you're looking for some ideas, “Money” magazine is here to help.
The mag just came out with their list of the 20 Best Places to Go To in 2018, which consists of destinations both in the U.S. and internationally that deliver the highest value for your dollar. They’ve even come up with an estimated weekly cost for a visit, which includes average airfare, a week’s worth of hotel rooms, plus local transportation, meals, and activities for two.
- If you’re someone who doesn’t like to travel outside the U.S., the mag recommends Alexandria, Virginia as their top pick, where the cost of a week for two people will set you back around $2,540. “Money” calls the area “charming,” and notes it’s a great place to stay if you want to visit Washington, DC, which is less than 10 miles away, as well as George Washington’s Mount Vernon and more.
Top Ten U.S. Places To Visit In 2018(cost per week)
- Alexandria, VA ($2,450)
- Harper’s Ferry, WV ($2,219)
- Stateline, NV ($2,467)
- Glen Arbor, MI ($2,689)
- Pompano Beach, FL ($2,125)
- Chicago, IL ($2,713)
- Anaheim, CA ($2,361)
- Lake George, NY ($2,587)
- Oklahoma City, OK ($2,034)
- Philadelphia, PA ($2,749)
- If you’re travel interests are more international, “Money” recommends Tokyo, Japan, where a week for two people will set you back $4,114. While that’s not cheap, the mag notes that hotel prices have actually gone down 4%, while airfare has gone down 5%.
Top Ten International Places To Visit In 2018
- Tokyo, Japan ($4,114)
- Rome, Italy ($4,046)
- Merida, Mexico ($2,18)
- Xi’an, China ($2,994)
- London, England ($4,629)
- Jeju Island, South Korea ($3,715)
- Mallorca, Spain ($4,204)
- Tbilisi, Georgia ($3,348)
- Singapore ($3,887)
- Granada, Nicaragua ($2,210)